I have rewritten my Light Lister plugin for C4D in python. It can be downloaded here:
Light Lister V1.0.1
It is for C4D V12. It will not work with older versions. Because it is python it should be PC and Mac compatible.
One additional treat…
I have left the source code un-encoded in the file on purpose. At the moment there are so few resources available for learning to program C4D plugins in python that I thought interested parties may learn a few things from the code. Please act responsibly with the source code.
Cross Platform Download For C4D V12
Not sure what Render Elements does? Check out the new vimeo group, which has a couple demo videos!
It took a lot of time to get this updated or V12. A lot of things have changed in the C4D SDK. I have tried to test all functions, but I can’t guarantee it’s bug free. Please let me know if you find a bug. And, as always, please remember that this software is beta. Use at your own risk!
Summary of new changes/bug fixes:
– Code updated for V12.
– Mental Ray Camera Tags now supported. Mental Ray render settings supported.
– Full support for Sketch Style and Sketch Render tags
– Some internal changes with the way VRay tags are dealt with. Unfortunately, this means old scenes with Vray tags will have errors in them.
– Ability to choose what data is stored/recalled in render elements (under the options menu). This is a project-wide setting, not per element. These preferences can also be saved as default.
– “Delete All” menu selection now works properly and will not cause crashes or invalidate the render element list.
– “Delete All” menu selection will also give the option of deleting RE bitmap preview folders.
– Render elements can now be recorded for an untitled document. Previously, this was not allowed.
– Updated Help pdf.
I’ve been asked by a few people what will become of my plugins with the release of version 12 of Cinema 4D.
-The batch rename plugins appear to work.
-Ilay Shpilkin on CGTalk was nice enough to compile a version of LightLister for 12, which I will put up here. For now it can be found on this cgtalk thread: http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?f=47&t=916543&page=1&pp=15
-Destruction will most likely not be developed further by me. Too many other similar plugins out there right now.
-Render Elements will receive an update and some bug fixes, but this will not happen for several months. A lot of things have changed in the SDK and will require some re-writing for this to work.
These are some old COFFEE plugins I wrote a while back. Had some demand recently for them, so I thought I would post them up here:
Batch Rename Materials
Batch Rename Objects
Batch Rename Tags