This plugin is officially dead.
Maxon released a “take system” that finally provides proper implementation of scene states. Only took them about 10 years from when I personally showed them my plugin and told them they need something like it in their package 😉
Anyway, I haven’t used it, but from what I see, it looks like they did a fantastic job.
C4D V14.025 broke something in Render Elements, causing the app to hang on startup on the mac. I have recompiled the plugin using the R14 SDK as a base, just for the mac (no new features, just a recompile). As far as I know V0.7.14 should be working ok on PCs, but if not I will work on getting a PC compile of it going.
You can download the mac update here.
There’s an issue with the latest R14 update and Render Elements. It is related to some stuff apple did that affected some builds of C4D. I am aware of the problem and will do my best to fix it within the next few weeks. Should just be a re-compile, but my understanding is that there is some additional setup work that needs to be done with the new version of C4D. Boring technical details, blah, blah, blah. Will update when I have progress to report.
Should be fixed, here: https://adamswaab.wordpress.com/2012/10/16/render-elements-v0-7-15-r14-only/
Mac version of the fix can be downloaded by clicking here. PC version will come shortly and I will post it on this thread.
PC version is now included in the download here.
I hope this fixes the problem. Big thanks to Wilfried Behne of Maxon and Franz at plugincafe for the help tracking this bug down.
Cross Platform Download For C4D V12
Not sure what Render Elements does? Check out the new vimeo group, which has a couple demo videos!
It took a lot of time to get this updated or V12. A lot of things have changed in the C4D SDK. I have tried to test all functions, but I can’t guarantee it’s bug free. Please let me know if you find a bug. And, as always, please remember that this software is beta. Use at your own risk!
Summary of new changes/bug fixes:
– Code updated for V12.
– Mental Ray Camera Tags now supported. Mental Ray render settings supported.
– Full support for Sketch Style and Sketch Render tags
– Some internal changes with the way VRay tags are dealt with. Unfortunately, this means old scenes with Vray tags will have errors in them.
– Ability to choose what data is stored/recalled in render elements (under the options menu). This is a project-wide setting, not per element. These preferences can also be saved as default.
– “Delete All” menu selection now works properly and will not cause crashes or invalidate the render element list.
– “Delete All” menu selection will also give the option of deleting RE bitmap preview folders.
– Render elements can now be recorded for an untitled document. Previously, this was not allowed.
– Updated Help pdf.
I’ve been asked by a few people what will become of my plugins with the release of version 12 of Cinema 4D.
-The batch rename plugins appear to work.
-Ilay Shpilkin on CGTalk was nice enough to compile a version of LightLister for 12, which I will put up here. For now it can be found on this cgtalk thread: http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?f=47&t=916543&page=1&pp=15
-Destruction will most likely not be developed further by me. Too many other similar plugins out there right now.
-Render Elements will receive an update and some bug fixes, but this will not happen for several months. A lot of things have changed in the SDK and will require some re-writing for this to work.
Fixed a bug when saving Vray render settings. Maps in the environment channels were not being saved correctly. Also added support for new Physical Camera tag options in Vray 1.2
Render Elements 0.6.96 for Mac