Cross Platform Download For C4D V12
Not sure what Render Elements does? Check out the new vimeo group, which has a couple demo videos!
It took a lot of time to get this updated or V12. A lot of things have changed in the C4D SDK. I have tried to test all functions, but I can’t guarantee it’s bug free. Please let me know if you find a bug. And, as always, please remember that this software is beta. Use at your own risk!
Summary of new changes/bug fixes:
– Code updated for V12.
– Mental Ray Camera Tags now supported. Mental Ray render settings supported.
– Full support for Sketch Style and Sketch Render tags
– Some internal changes with the way VRay tags are dealt with. Unfortunately, this means old scenes with Vray tags will have errors in them.
– Ability to choose what data is stored/recalled in render elements (under the options menu). This is a project-wide setting, not per element. These preferences can also be saved as default.
– “Delete All” menu selection now works properly and will not cause crashes or invalidate the render element list.
– “Delete All” menu selection will also give the option of deleting RE bitmap preview folders.
– Render elements can now be recorded for an untitled document. Previously, this was not allowed.
– Updated Help pdf.
I’ve been asked by a few people what will become of my plugins with the release of version 12 of Cinema 4D.
-The batch rename plugins appear to work.
-Ilay Shpilkin on CGTalk was nice enough to compile a version of LightLister for 12, which I will put up here. For now it can be found on this cgtalk thread: http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?f=47&t=916543&page=1&pp=15
-Destruction will most likely not be developed further by me. Too many other similar plugins out there right now.
-Render Elements will receive an update and some bug fixes, but this will not happen for several months. A lot of things have changed in the SDK and will require some re-writing for this to work.
Fixed a bug when saving Vray render settings. Maps in the environment channels were not being saved correctly. Also added support for new Physical Camera tag options in Vray 1.2
Render Elements 0.6.96 for Mac
Added support for .gi files when generating Cinema 4D files. On generation RE will now look at your render settings, determine if you are using GI, and if there is a stored irradiance file and copy (and rename it appropriately) to your save location. This is especially helpful in Net Rendering, as GI will not have to be recalculated at all if there is a stored irradiance file.
Also added some basic support for sketch and toon tags. Need to do a little more work here, as there are some bugs.
Render Elements 0.6.95 for Mac
And here is a quick video showing the new features and how they can can speed up GI Workflow in Cinema 4D: